From 2 December national lockdown restrictions are lifted so please continue the good work that has helped reduce Covid-19 cases during November. (Vale of the White Horse website)
Oxfordshire has been placed into the ‘High’ alert level (Tier 2) by central government. This means that from 2 December:
- We must not meet socially with anybody outside our household or support bubble in any indoor setting, whether at home or in a public place.
- We must not meet in a group of more than six outside, including in a garden or other space.
- Non-essential shops can reopen, as can personal care businesses such as hairdressers, gyms and the wider leisure sector. All businesses and venues that reopen must have COVID-secure measures in place.
- Hospitality venues will be allowed to stay open until 11pm – with last orders at 10pm. However, only those that serve substantial meals can operate, and alcohol can only be served with substantial meals.
- Collective worship, weddings and outdoor sports can resume, with restrictions in place.
- Everyone who can work from home should continue to do so.
Further information is available on the government website.
Remember – ‘Hands. Face. Space.’:
- hands – wash your hands regularly and for 20 seconds
- face – wear a face covering in indoor settings where social distancing may be difficult, and where you will come into contact with people you do not normally meet (except if you are exempt)
- space – stay 2 metres apart from people you do not live with where possible, or 1 metre with extra precautions in place (such as wearing face coverings or increasing ventilation indoors)